The best USB DAC for the biggest laptop sound
Listening to music on your computer is brilliant - instant, easy access to all your digital files and a world of streaming services, internet radio and video sites. The cheap headphone output of a typical laptop or computer is simply not good enough to get the best from your headphones.
The DacMagic XS USB DAC / Headphone Amp is an instant upgrade to any computer's sound output. It connects quickly and easily to any USB port and allows you to hear your favourite music and movies with every drop of detail, exactly as the artist intended.
Get the full potential from headphones that you've spent your hard earned cash on…
- Plugs into PC/Mac via a single USB connection for both power and audio
- Dramatically improves audio quality on all digital audio, including MP3s, high res audio files (e.g. FLAC or WAV), streaming services, films and games
- Headphone amplifier built in for deeper bass and times more power than a standard laptop headphone output
- Portable Headphone Amp is easy to use and small enough to be carried anywhere and everywhere
- Connect your laptop to your hifi system for better sound at home too
- Built to last with sturdy aluminium casing
The DacMagic XS delivers the bass, clarity and power you've been missing from your digital audio, anywhere and everywhere.
More clarity - You can't hear digital audio signals. They have to be converted into analogue signals by a Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC) before you can play them. This is a critical process and one that we, here at Cambridge Audio, are specialists at. The DacMagic XS is smaller than a matchbox, yet it uses technology from our high-end DACs. But it is not just for audiophiles - anything from MP3s to high resolution lossless files, streaming services such as Spotify and Pandora, Skype, games and films will all benefit. If you've paid for a higher quality subscription service, the DacMagic XS allows you to hear what you're paying for.
More power - The built-in headphone amp increases the punch of your headphones, delivering 10 times more power than most laptop soundcards can manage. Even in the noisiest environments you will hear more of your music and won't have to worry about the buzz of background noise.
The DacMagic XS also features a volume control, easily adjusted at the tap of a finger. What's more, a convenient LED shows current sample rate, so you always know if you're getting the right level of detail.
More versatility - At home, the DacMagic XS can also bring the same attention to detail to your existing hi-fi set-up. Use it as the link between your laptop and home hi-fi amp for serious digital audio quality, without the space implications of a larger DAC. And finally the sleek, sturdy black aluminium case minimises interference and ensures the DacMagic XS is built to last.
Versatile, pocketable and powerful - no other USB DAC at this price sounds this good or is this small. Hear what you've been missing.
- High quality DAC - The DacMagic XS uses a high quality 24-bit Digital to Analogue Converter to provide far superior sound than your computer would ever be capable of.
- More power - The built-in headphone amp puts out 150mW of serious power, for the bass and volume you need even in the noisiest environments.
- Analogue volume control - Finger-tip volume control fully bypasses the soundcard and volume control of your computer. Not only does this improve sound quality, but also means no more combinations of button presses with two hands, or several mouse clicks to change volume.
- High resolution audio - Most computers can't play high resolution audio through their headphone output. Featuring asynchronous USB audio clocking, and supporting both USB Class 1 and USB Class 2, the DacMagic XS can be used to play everything from MP3 to the highest quality 24-bit/192kHz studio master recordings from your computer, free from unwanted noise, jitter and distortion.
- USB Class 2 audio - When running in Class 2 mode, the DacMagic XS can also use Cambridge Audio's dedicated Windows USB Class 2 USB driver (driver not required for Apple computers). This allows you to bypass the computer operating system's poor audio path, preventing unwanted interference and re-sampling, guaranteeing a professional quality audio output.
- Versatile connections - Micro USB and 3.5mm headphone connections mean the DacMagic XS isn't just easy to connect laptop to headphones, it can also be used to connect your laptop to your home hi-fi.
- LED sample rate indicator - Ensures that you always know you're getting the best quality or when you've hit maximum/minimum volume.
- Micro USB cable included - by plugging in via a cable, the DacMagic XS removes any risk of flex or movement damaging your computer's USB port and also avoids adding a bulky and easily-bashed lump to the side of your laptop.
- Tiny case - The (W x H x D) 30 x 10 x 53.5mm (1.2 x 0.4 x 2.1") brushed aluminium case weighs a mere 100g, protects the electronics from shock or damage, and minimises undesirable interference.
|Connections:||Micro USB input, 3.5mm analogue output|
|Digital to Analogue Converter:||ESS9023 24-bit DAC|
|Sample Rates Supported:||USB 1.0 mode: 16/24-bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz |
USB 2.0 mode: 16/24-bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
|Output Voltage:||2V RMS|
|Max. Power Consumption:||150mW|
|Min. Headphone Impedance:||12 Ohms|
|Frequency Response:||±0.2dB 20Hz - 20kHz|
|SNR:||103 dBr (unweighted)|
|Output Impedance:||0.5 Ohms|
|Volume Steps:||53 steps (54 different volume levels)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||30 x 10 x 53.5mm (1.2 x 0.4 x 2.1")|