The NuPrime DAC-10 combines leading-edge technology that offers PCM 384K & DSD256 decoding with a high-power balanced headphone amplifier. To excel beyond high performance DACs cluttering the marketplace, NuPrime recognizes that merely supporting standard sampling rates and hi-res music formats using state-of-the-art chips or proprietary digital signal processing is not sufficient. To satisfy the most discerning audiophiles, the NuPrime DAC-10 must do three things exceptionally well:
1) drive any headphones with ease;
2) deliver the utmost detail during a symphony's quietest passages or a soundtrack's heart-pounding explosion;
3) all of this in the most natural sound. Simply put, the DAC-10 is a truly musical device.
A Reference LE Class Preamp
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is an essential part of the design. The DAC-10 includes features borrowed from the Reference class P-20 preamp:
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
As the heart of an audio system, the DAC-10 supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing the world's best performing 32-bit audio DAC is only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. When state-of-the-art solutions are readily available to all vendors, the experience and proprietary know-how in designing many Editor's Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products elevate the NuPrime DAC-10 above the competition.
Several notable features:
- Five digital and two stereo inputs for system flexibility.
- SABRE32 Reference ES9018K2M from ESS Technology is one of the world's best-performing 32-bit audio DAC solution for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment. With ESS's 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented dynamic range of up to 127dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, all of which put the DAC-10H at the industry's cutting edge.
- Symmetrical signal processing with exact signal transmission over the entire frequency spectrum and extremely low harmonic distortion, ensuring an unadulterated musical presentation.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise level.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 (up to 11.2MHz) and DoP (up to 5.6MHz) method.
- Sample Rate Display - 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz and DSD64 to DSD256.
- Unique dual gain settings for RCA with 2V or 4V outputs, XLR with 4V or 8V outputs; and each of the balanced and unbalanced headphone outputs with four different high power output settings.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows. Standard driver software for Mac.
- Linear power supply with multi-rail toroidal transformer.
- Independent left/right channel power supplies.
- 12V trigger output
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Included remote control for full convenience.
- Available in stylish black or silver anodized aluminum finish
The NuPrime Sound
Just one listen confirms the DAC-10H as a true hallmark of audio performance:
- Vast soundstage
- Lightning-fast, wide-range dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
|Inputs:||1 x USB Digital|
2 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF
2 x Optical Digital S/PDIF
2 x Analog Stereo RCA
|Outputs:||Optical (up to 24 bit/192 kHz)|
Stereo RCA (Line out). Output impedance < 100 Ohms.
Stereo Balanced (XLR-3 socket pre-out ). Output impedance < 100 Ohms.
|USB Sampling Rates:||44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz (DSD64) , 5.6MHz (DSD128) 11.2MHz (DSD256)|
|S/PDIF Sampling Rates:||44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz|
|Maximum Sampling Rate:||24bits|
|Frequency Response:||10Hz to 80kHz|
|Crosstalk attenuation:||min. 93 dB @ 1 kHz|
|Dynamic range:||> 115 dB @ 600 ohm load (A-weighted)|
|Dimensions:||59mm Width: 215.4mm Depth: 382.6mm|
|Weight:||10.5 pounds ( 4.8 kg )|
|Worldwide AC voltage:||(90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch|
|AC Fuse:||Slow-blow, T2.5A, 250VAC|
|Power Consumption:||With 110V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 1.17W.|
With 230V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 2W.
With 110V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 13W.
With 230V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 14W.