The GT40α is finally here, built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It' s a high performance 24bit/192kHz USB DAC that' s amazingly affordable.
Looking to convert your LPs or other analogue sources to digital? The GT40α will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40α features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 24bits/192kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40α includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favourite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40α features L/R analogue outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The ADL GT40α (wired with Furutech' s GT2 USB cable of course!) brings Furutech' s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24bit/192kHz files, but even 16bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
- High performance 24bit/192kHz USB DAC and 24bit/192kHz ADC IC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 24bit/192kHz surpassing conventional 16bit/44.1kHz standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 24bit/192kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won' t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40α with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analogue-to-Digital Converter: The GT40α sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analogue inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analogue signals.
- Convenient Clip signal Toggle switch for Recording Attenuation: Adjust the recording attenuation to avoid any distortion during recording: 0dB, 6 dB, or 12dB (RecAtt/db signal light comes on when input level exceeds circuit Gain) .
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40α features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40α features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analogue circuit
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40α is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminium chassis and machined volume knob.
|Description:||USB & Analogue Playback and Record multimedia audio system|
|Connectivity:||USB B Interface, Analogue input/output RCA jack|
|USB Playback Resolution:||24bit/192KHz|
|USB Recording Resolution:||24bit/192kHz (Max) supports 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/176.2kHz and 192kHz|
|Frequency response:||20Hz ~ 20kHz (40Hz: +0.5 dB, 15kHz:-0.5dB)|
|SN ratio:||-90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output|
|Line Output Level:||5 Vrms|
|Line Input Level:||MC 0.4mV / MM 4mV / Line 2Vrms|
|Headphone Output Level:||94mW (16 ohm), 110mW(32 ohm ), 98.6mW(56ohm), 23mW(300ohm)|
|Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating:||AC 15V / 0.8A / 12W|
|Dimensions:||150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm|
Load and Level Specs
The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40α is fixed at 47K ohm for MM and 100 ohm for MC
Maximum Input Level for MM: 4.0mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for LINE: 2Vrms at 1K Hz
(MC input to LINE output gain) => 12dB
(MM input to LINE output gain) => 12dB
GT40α has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones.
We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.